ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jasper compiler task
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 09:33:46 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Muc" <alex.muc@utoronto.ca>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 2:31 AM
Subject: Jasper compiler task

> I don't know if it's been done already or not, but I wrote up a new ant
> task to run the Jasper JSP compiler (from the Tomcat project).

No, currently there is only a task for the Weblogic jspc...

> I've attached it a source file for the task.  It is already part of the
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs package.  I don't know if you have rules
> about people working in that namespace, but if you want to change the
> package go ahead.

It's okay to use the org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs-Package for tasks you
assume to end up in the CVS-repository located here at apache.org. In your
case there is already another jspc-compiler in the package
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.jsp - so you should use this package.

> I hope it's useful.  If you have any questions send me a message.

- Package should be org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.jsp (since there
is already the Weblogic-JspC in this package)
- Documentation is missing (external HTML and Java documentation-comments)
- Source is badly formatted (See http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html
and http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html (linked from
the first location))
- You should post this to ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org