ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kamlesh Nanda" <kam1...@home.com>
Subject Re: Problem with javadoc
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:29:29 GMT
HI,
 I think javadoc is not in the system PATH variable, to confirm this just
try to execute javadoc on the prompt. If its not executing set the PATH
variable to point to your usr/java/bin folder.

Kam
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Slade" <pslade@globusandcosmos.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 1:52 PM
Subject: Problem with javadoc

ant -version returns: Ant version 1.3 compiled on March 2 2001

jdk is 1.3.1

OS is Redhat linux 7.0

When I try to execute the <javadoc ..> tag I get the following output.
If I execute the javadoc command ant generated by looking at the
-verbose/-debug on the command line then it works ok.

Javadoc failed: java.io.IOException: javadoc: cannot
execute<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

--- Nested Exception ---

java.io.IOException: javadoc: cannot execute

            at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)

            at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:139)

            at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)

            at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:551)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute$Java13CommandLauncher.exec(Execute
.java:509)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.execute(Execute.java:329)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javadoc.execute(Javadoc.java:763)

            at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:898)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:536)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:510)

Total time: 1 second

Any ideas how I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Pete.