ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <>
Subject Re: [POLL] JUnit Users
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:54:48 GMT

I've made this very change, and it was recently committed (so it will be
part of Ant 1.4 whenever that comes out).

If you are building Ant from the latest code in Jakarta's CVS, you'll get
it - otherwise contact me and I can send you a .jar file to put in your
ANT_HOME/lib directory that will patch it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Greenlee" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 7:55 AM
Subject: RE: [POLL] JUnit Users

> - Are you using the framed report ? non framed report ? both ?

> - What are your RFEs for <junitreport> ?
> - What are your RFEs for <junit> ?

I need <junit> to be able to include in its output the values of certain
properties -- it would be interesting to know, for instance, which JDK
was used, when the tests were run, what OS the tests were run under,
etc..  I've cobbled together something to do this right now, but it's a
little clunky.  What I'd like to see is something like:

<junit printsummary="yes" fork="no" haltonfailure="no">

<pathelement location="${build.dir}"/>

<formatter type="xml" />

      <!-- Properties to pass to junit for inclusion in the test output.
<property name="java.version"/>
<property name=""/>
<property name="tests.tstamp" value="${TSTAMP}"/>

      <!-- Prefix applies to test names, so that test results for
multiple configurations can be handled. -->
<batchtest fork="yes" todir="${reports.dir}"
prefix="${} haltonfailure="no">
<fileset dir="${src}">
<include name="**/*" />

This way the <junitreport/> task could aggregate test results not just
per package/class, but also by a set of properties that define a testing
configuration.  We use something like this in-house already (involving
properties files, a few custom tasks, and so-on) to verify that our code
works against different databases, with different JDBC drivers, and
running in different application servers.

View raw message