ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: DTDs & wlrun (Weblogic 5.1)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:59:11 GMT
Kyle,

Which service pack? Early versions of 5.1 registered the web-app DTD under
the wrong publicId. For example, the web.xml in my 5.1 examples directory
has this:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
1.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

As you can see this has the wrong publicID. You can try changing your
webapp to this DTD and see if it deploys. If it does then you will need to
upgrade to a more recent service pack.

With regard to your first problem, run ant with -debug and see how wlrun is
actually starting weblogic. You should be able to compare that to
startweblogic to see where the differences are.

Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyle Adams" <kadams@gfs.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 3:16 AM
Subject: Re: DTDs & wlrun (Weblogic 5.1)

Weblogic 5.1

The problem is that (currently) wlrun can't deploy my EJB's.  When I simply
use the startweblogic command, the EJBs deploy fine.  wlrun is setup to
load the exact same classes into the java classpath and the weblogic
classpath.  We're puzzled by this, so we were wondering if weblogic was
choking on parsing the deployment descriptor (weblogic-ejb-jar.xml), since
it appears the JNDI doesn't seem to be bound correctly.  I've posted the
error message below.

That's problem #1, before we even get to problem #2 (the web.xml).  Here's
the error message in regards to problem #2:

 [wlrun] [ExternalEntity] : Could not resolve entity '-//Sun Microsystems,
Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN'.  Check your dtd reference.

And from the web.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

A quick check verifies that the DTD does exist at the specified location.

The error message for problem #1, brought to you by cut-'n-paste:

[wlrun] Mon Jul 09 11:23:14 EDT 2001:<E> <EJB> Could not deploy:
'D:/dev/ejb/common/ejb_common.jar'
[wlrun] Possible reasons include:
[wlrun] 1. The bean or an interface class has been modified but
[wlrun]    the deployment descriptor has not been updated
[wlrun] 2. The database mappings in the deployment descriptor do not
[wlrun]    match the database definition
[wlrun] 3. The jar file is not a valid jar file
[wlrun] 4. The jar file does not contain a valid bean
[wlrun] weblogic.ejb.common.DeploymentException: Could not instantiate
EJBObject.; nested exception is:
[wlrun]     javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
'comp/env/ejb/com/gfs/corp/common/bm/manager/SiteManager_EO'; remaining
name 'comp/env/ejb/com/gfs/corp/common/bm/manager/SiteManager_EO'
[wlrun] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
'comp/env/ejb/com/gfs/corp/common/bm/manager/SiteManager_EO'; remaining
name 'comp/env/ejb/com/gfs/corp/common/bm/manager/SiteManager_EO'
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.resolveName(BasicWLContext.java,
Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.resolveNameToStore(BasicWLContext.java
, Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.resolveNameToParentStore(BasicWLContex
t.java, Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.rebind(BasicWLContext.java:229)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.ReplicatedWLContext.rebind(ReplicatedWLContext.java:9
1)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.rebind(BasicWLContext.java:580)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.StatelessEJBHome.setup(StatelessEJBHome.java:127)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBHomeImpl.setup(EJBHomeImpl.java:600)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBDeploymentImpl.setupBeanHome(EJBDeploymentImpl.jav
a:576)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBDeploymentImpl.deployBeans(EJBDeploymentImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBDeploymentImpl.deploy(EJBDeploymentImpl.java:335)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBJarDeployment.deploy(EJBJarDeployment.java:231)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.deploy(EJBManagerImpl.java, Compiled
Code)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.deployNew(EJBManagerImpl.java:352)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.deploy(EJBManagerImpl.java:319)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.deployBeans(EJBManagerImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.<init>(EJBManagerImpl.java:242)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java, Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:825)
[wlrun]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)

>>> conor@cortexebusiness.com.au 07/09/01 11:07AM >>>
Kyle,

I live behind a firewall during the day and I have never had a problem with
wlrun and DTDs. weblogic has a copy of the DTD itself and knows where to
find them (it has its own resolver). The wlrun task does not deal with
DTDs. It doesn't perform XML processing of any kind. So, before you add DTD
to wlrun, perhaps you can tell me the errors you are getting and give me a
sample of your web.xml file that is causing problems.

Oh, also need the version of Weblogic, etc

Cheers
Conor