ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Cummings" <kevin.cummi...@mongoosetech.com>
Subject RE: Trying FTP Again
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:05:24 GMT
I haven't really been in on this whole conversation but as a user of the
FTP task I think that its biggest shortcoming is the lack of some sort
of status while the upload or download is occurring. In most of the
scripts where I use the FTP task I am only sending very small files but
it still takes 30 - 45 seconds to establish the connection and complete
the transfer all the while my build just looks like it's hung.. I know I
can use an external FTP program to get around this but doesn't that sort
of defeat the purpose of having this capability built into the tool. Any
chance we might be able to get a Hash=true option?

Just my .02,
-=- Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: O'Hara, Patrick [mailto:patrick.ohara@workscape.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 8:57 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Trying FTP Again

I am disinclined to make FTP work differently from all other tasks.  I
understand the decision that Ant should end on a failure.  I would
rather see the retry become part of the task def then part of a
particular task, and I don't think that would fly.
Patrick O'Hara
262-408-3849
patrick.ohara@workscape.com