ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cygwin & ant
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 08:54:41 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <jparikh@hushmail.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 1:55 AM
Subject: cygwin & ant

> Hi -
>
> I'm trying to get the J2EE examples to compile using cygwin.  It compiles
> fine under a W2K command prompt, but fails with the following error.  I
> apologize in advance if this is not the right forum for this question, but
> if anybody has any ideas, my thanks in advance.
>
> $ ant.bat converter
> Buildfile: build.xml

At first you should probably use ant.sh if you run Ant under a Unix-like
shell (even under Windows).

This will not fix your problem unless you use one of the "nightly builds"
available from http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/nightly/. This
bug was fixed after the 1.3 release.

If you can't go with the nightly build you can try to set your
"PS1"-variable to something without a carriage-return in it.

Nico