ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accessing a directory on Unix
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 17:09:39 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jain, Manish (MED, TCS)" <Manish.Jain@med.ge.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 1:05 PM
Subject: Accessing a directory on Unix

>   I am setting a variable:
>
>  set WEBAPP=//<IP ADDRESS>/a/b/c (I intend to give a directory on Unix
> box)
>
>  In my build.xml, I  have the following  lines:
>
>         <property name="src" value="${myenv.WEBAPP}"/>
> <property name="dist" value="${myenv.WEBAPP}/dist"/>
>
>         <mkdir dir="${dist}"/>
>  I am running this build.xml from my NT machine.My build.xml is unable
> to read WEBAPP as a unix path (it is reading it as
>  DOS path \\<IP ADDRESS>\a\b\c )

What do you expect to happen? "mkdir //1.2.3.4/a/b/c" is an invalid command
on Windows NT.

If this should represent a Path in UNC-Notation it should be perfectly valid
to replace slashes with backslashes.

(And if you insert an "echo message="${dist}"" it should show your variable
as it was. It's most probably just the mkdir-command which replaces your
path with a "valid" one.

Nico