ant-user mailing list archives

From "James" <james_cal...@yahoo.com>
Subject FW: "cat" task...
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:35:02 GMT
Yes... second this motion.  I am writing a report.txt that needs to be
echo(ed) to System.out.  I will commit to typing this long string
manually until a platform neutral solution exists:

	cat PBO_073001/build-bin/report.txt

The man pages for 'cat' suggest another handy feature:
	line numbers...

CAT(1)                         FSF                         CAT(1)

NAME
       cat - concatenate files and print on the standard output

SYNOPSIS
       cat [OPTION] [FILE]...

DESCRIPTION
       Concatenate  FILE(s),  or standard input, to standard out-
       put.

       -A, --show-all
              equivalent to -vET

       -b, --number-nonblank
              number nonblank output lines

       -e     equivalent to -vE

       -E, --show-ends
              display $ at end of each line

       -n, --number
              number all output lines

       -s, --squeeze-blank
              never more than one single blank line

       -t     equivalent to -vT
:
       -T, --show-tabs
       -u     (ignored)

       -v, --show-nonprinting
              use ^ and M- notation, except for LFD and TAB

       --help display this help and exit

       --version
              output version information and exit

       With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input.

REPORTING BUGS
       Report bugs to <bug-textutils@gnu.org>.

SEE ALSO
       The full documentation for cat is maintained as a  Texinfo
       manual.   If  the  info  and  cat  programs  are  properly
       installed at your site, the command

              info cat

       should give you access to the complete manual.

COPYRIGHT
       This is free software; see the source for  copying  condi-
       tions.  There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY
       or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

GNU textutils 2.0          August 1999                          1