ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: Ant and java frameworks
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:16:35 GMT
Here's an example:

    <target name="compile" depends="init">
        <ant dir="bm" target="compile" />
        <ant dir="uv" target="compile" />
        <ant dir="rh" target="compile" />
   </target>

The three subdirectories above (bm, uv and rh) are the three subprojects that any project
can have.  Now, if a particular project does NOT have all three of these subprojects, the
build will fail with the code above.  I don't know enough about Ant yet to know if there's
some way I can conditionally build each subproject, if it's present.  Maybe something with
the Available task?

Kyle

>>> bodewig@apache.org 06/27/01 02:32AM >>>
Kyle Adams <kadams@gfs.com> wrote:

> Ideally, I'd like to write an Ant script that would dynamically
> adjust to how many of the three tiers are actually implemented in a
> particular application.

Adjust in what way?  How would/should Ant behave differently if one of
the three directories is present/absent?

Stefan