ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Williams <>
Subject Re: ejbjar changes and questions
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 01:37:38 GMT
  >>> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 00:20:35 +1000,
  >>> "Conor" == "Conor MacNeill" <> wrote:

  Conor> One thing I have in mind is to try and get the support code
  Conor> included automatically by determining class dependencies rather
  Conor> than through the <support> element which doesn't work well when
  Conor> processing multiple descriptors.

That would be Very Nice Indeed (TM).

  Conor> Another thing would be to combine descriptors into a single output
  Conor> jar. I want to retain the incremental approach of bean per jar
  Conor> while avoiding the duplication of support code.

Perhaps ejbjar could provide support for dependencies between jar-files
using the Extension Mechanism Architecture? (as described in section of the J2EE-1.3 PFD3 spec).  That way, you wouldn't have to merge
EJBs into a single jar-file ... you'd just have all your EJB jars depend on
a common support-code jar.

Here's how it might work ...

- Ant target looks something like this:

        <ejbjar descriptordir="ejb/dd" srcdir="build/ejb/classes"
            <weblogic destdir="build/ejb/jars" ... />
            <include name="*-ejb-jar.xml"/>
            <exclude name="*-weblogic-ejb-jar.xml"/>

- ejbjar processes all the DDs in "ejb/dd"

- The result, in "build/ejb/jars", is

- The META-INF/MANIFEST.MF files for "BeanX.jar" contains

    "Class-Path: support.jar"

- "support.jar" contains all the dependent classes

Does this seem useful?

View raw message