ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.3 sequence of tasks but would like concurrent?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2001 06:14:25 GMT
Sean McNamara <SMcNamara@universalaccess.net> wrote:

> Question: Since multithreading of targets as you've described it
> still wouldn't address the issue of executing completely standalone,
> non-returning processes, is this something that will be addressed in
> another way?

Having a detach attribute (or similar) for exec (and likewise for java
with fork="true") has been proposed several times - and I don't think
anybody would veto out a platform independent solution for this (or a
platform dependent solution for all major platforms that would be
hidden behind something like the Execute class).

IOW, I don't think it is scheduled for Ant2 nor ruled out.

Stefan