ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: script task: suggestion about the docs
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:24:03 GMT
Suu Quan <squan@wwc.com> wrote:

> I asked myself "How would I know a (task,target)'s list of methods
> (as above) to call". (how would I know that execute() exists. No I
> don't want to download the source code).

It's hidden in the "Developing with Ant" section of the manual.  Not
the most accessible part, but it is there.

We sure need some kind of developer's guide at some point - as this
really belongs there and not into a user's manual.

> 2. Since I know neither "netrexx" nor "javascript", and more
> interested in Perl, would someone add some in-line Perl script(s)
> that make use of the ant task,targets ...

I think you can only use Perl on Windows via PerlScript, BSF doesn't
support Perl on other platforms.

Apart from that - I've never tried anything beyond javascript and
netrexx myself, so I cannot help with examples, sorry.

Stefan