ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem of dependencies ...
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:40:26 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux <cyriaque.dupoirieux@pcotech.fr> wrote:

> Alright, maybe, but why does ant compile the source whereas I told
> it to exclude this directory ?

It is not Ant as such, but javac.  Ant hands a list of source files to
javac (and if you run Ant -verbose, you'll see that it doesn't include
any files from doNotTouch) and javac figures out it should also
compile some classes from doNotTouch as well.

It would probably be easiest if javac wouldn't find your doNotTouch
packages as source files at all (i.e. don't put them in your sources
directory).

Alternatively, you can copy the sources from your package to a
temporary dir and use this temporary structure as source dir for the
javac task.

I guess, these are not options for you, so you really have to ensure
that the .class files are newer than the .java files.

> Well, Is there a way to update all my .class files ? (like the touch
> target, for several files or directories)

The <touch> task handles filesets in the CVS version.  If you can live
with a non-standard self compiled Ant, pick up Touch.java from CVS and
recompile Ant with the new task.

Stefan