ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to specify dependencies on additional files
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 06:50:44 GMT
S. Page <spage@macromedia.com> wrote:

> Moreover, this doesn't quite work.  The style task still does its
> own dependency determination on the in and style files, and if the
> out file is more recent it does not do anything.

This is true, unfortunately.

> Is there a way to force a task to run?

No, but we could add an attribute for that (much like <copy>'s
overwrite attribute) - yes, I think that would be a good idea.  I'll
put it onto my TODO list, which is quite long, so don't hold your
breath 8-)

And yes, I encourage you to submit a patch if you want to speed up
things ;-).

> I guess I could delete the out file, or touch the in file, in order
> to convince the style task it needs to get to work.

If you are running JDK 1.2 or higher, you could work around this by
using a <touch> task to make IN more recent.  Deleting OUT should
always work.

Stefan