ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Character conversion error
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:04:51 GMT

> Somewhere in your input file you have the copyright character '©'
> (ascii code 0xa9). This is not a valid character in most default xml
> encodings. You will need to replace it with &#169; or similar.

Or tell the XML parser which encoding you are using.  As my comments
and description elements contain german umlauts quite frequently, I
have all my build files start with

If you don't give an encoding here, the XML parser will assume UTF-8.

You knew that ;-).  I just want to give an alternative to the entity
stuff.

Stefan