ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: per directory make file?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:38:23 GMT
Mark Womack <mwomack@bevocal.com> wrote:

> I am in the process of creating an ant replacement for our current
> make file build.  We have a make file per directory that specifies
> which files within that directory should be compiled.  This allows
> our developers to have files in the source tree that are not built
> as part of the normal build.

I'd use patternsets with per directory excludesfiles for this purpose
(and only where you really need it).

<javac srcdir="..." destdir="...">
  <patternset excludesfile="module1/excludes" />
  <patternset excludesfile="module2/excludes" />
</javac>

where each excludesfile lists all files that should not be compiled,
one per line.  The filenames must be relative to the directory you put
into the srcdir attribute.

Stefan