ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I get the log file name?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 06:02:58 GMT
Patrick O'Hara <patrick.ohara@workscape.com> wrote:

> I am wondering how I get the file name of the log file?

The default logger will write to stdout or whatever you specify with
the -logger option - even the logger doesn't know the name of the file
as Main simply opens that file and redirects System.out to it.  Your
best choice here is to explicitly set a property to the name of the
logfile yourself like Steve suggested.

The XmlLogger is a different beast.  It will use log.xml in the
current working directory unless the property XmlLogger.file has been
set - in which case it will use this value.  Yet another undocumented
magic property.

Stefan