ant-user mailing list archives

From Mikko Kurki-Suonio <max...@davisor.com>
Subject RE: DTD and always compiling
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:37:21 GMT
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Kazandjian Erik wrote:

> I don't find the FAQs when I follow the links you gave me. Anyway I have
> been doing some tests with an external DTD file (the one generate by
> AntStructure) and it seems that emacs is accepting the DTD (it shows me all
> attributes I can include etc.) but when I run ant I get :

Unfortunately, this is kind of futile. ANT files are only well-formed XML
documents, but not valid (largely due to possible extensions).

This means that while you CAN make up a DTD to match any given ANT file,
and it can be parsed with a non-validating parser, you can NOT make up a
DTD that covers ALL possible valid (ANTwise) ANT files.

//Mikko