ant-user mailing list archives

From "Srinivas Subbaraju" <srinivas.subbar...@majoris.com>
Subject RE: Observations from an ANT newbie
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:46:55 GMT
RE: Observations from an ANT newbie        As of now It looks good. But it
will be excellent if some live examples and corresponding results are added
as part of
        example section. Specially for optional tasks(ejbc) list, which also
needs some more detailed descriptions.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Matt Warman [mailto:mwarman@udms.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 5:40 PM
  To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: RE: Observations from an ANT newbie

  If you cut and paste using the example, it won't run. It's ok to look at
code, But I believe alot of people learn by doing. If you set up an example
that shows you step by step things like how do get a directory, setting
targets, integrating with popular IDE's (Jbuilder for example). I know it's
in the docs but I am still having problems with it. Once the simple example
is complete, developers can investigate modifying the example to suit their
own needs.