ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Roe" <d...@chartwelltechnology.com>
Subject RE: output from compile.
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:35:35 GMT
Thanks for your reply, Diane. I have tried the
--- "-logfile <filename>" option to 'ant' ---
approach. That has provided me with the feedback that I was looking for.

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 8:23 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: output from compile.

--- David Roe <droe@chartwelltechnology.com> wrote:
> Recently I thought there was some discussion around redirecting output
> into a file from a "verbose" compilation via Ant. Could someone help me
> out in that regard? I haven't been able to find that thread
> unfortunately - perhaps it was just wishful thinking? :)

Which "verbose" are you referring to -- running 'ant -verbose', or setting
the "verbose" attribute of the <javac> task to true|on|yes and capturing
that output to a file?

If it's the former, either use the "-logfile <filename>" option to 'ant'
or use a redirect. If it's the latter, check out the (relatively new)
<record> task (available in CVS or nightlies only, until 1.4 is out).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)