ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Roe" <d...@chartwelltechnology.com>
Subject RE: Classpath issue....I think...
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:01:27 GMT
HI,

My issue has been resolved, unfortunately not in an incremental fashion so
that I know what the root of the problem was in the first place. I didn't
have any XML classes in my build. You were right to suggest that I remove
jikes as my compiler Conor. Jikes *may* have been the issue in the first
place and javac is providing me with more useful information than jikes was
and my build now compiles completely from beginning to end as well as it
can - i.e. outside of relevant traceable compile errors. I find that odd
since jikes has been my deliverance in many other circumstances.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
David


-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 9:20 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Classpath issue....I think...


David,

Can you give us some more info about the errors. One thing to try is to not
use Jikes, initially. There are some special Jikes related classpath issues
and I'd like to know if it is related to that. The other possibility
involves XML class conflicts. Any XML classes in your build?

Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Roe" <droe@chartwelltechnology.com>
To: "Ant-User@Jakarta. Apache. Org" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 7:32 AM
Subject: Classpath issue....I think...


> HI,
>
> I am getting several errors upon compiling my source tree and I believe
that
> it's a classpath issue. My project compiles fine when I use Kawa but when
I
> try to compile the same source through my build file it squawks at me. I
> have only been working with Ant to create a build file in very short fits
> and starts over the past couple of weeks, so I am a total newbie. Below
are
> the salient bits of my build.xml file. I know (rhetorically speaking)
that
> it has something to do with my understanding of setting my classpath. The
> classpath is also set properly in my environment. Is it correct that Ant
> passes the classpath assembled in the build file to the compiler
essentially
> bypassing the one set in the environment?
>
> Thank you,
> David
>
>
> ****************************************************************
> <project name="app" default="notarget" >
>
>   <property name="bin"  value="d:/App/gaming/bin"/>
>   <property name="path.bin.lib"  value="d:/App/gaming/bin/game/lib"/>
>   <property name="gaming"  value="d:/App/gaming"/>
>
>   <property name="src" value="d:/App/gaming/src"/>
>   <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/>
>
> <!--
=================================================================== -->
> <!-- Set up project
          -->
> <!--
=================================================================== -->
>   <path id="project.class.path">
>     <pathelement location="java" />
>     <fileset dir="${path.bin.lib}">
>       <include name="*.jar" />
>     </fileset>
>     <pathelement location="${gaming}/bin/game"/>
>     <pathelement location="d:/JRun/lib/servlet.jar"/>
>     <pathelement location="${gaming}/src"/>
>     <pathelement path="${java.class.path}/"/>
>   </path>
>
> <!--
=================================================================== -->
> <!-- Compile
         -->
> <!--
=================================================================== -->
>     <target name="init">
>       <echo message="In init before compiling..."/>
>       <property name="dist.src" value="d:/App/gaming/src"/>
>       <property name="dist.build" value="d:/buildtemp"/>
>     </target>
>
>     <target name="compilecom" depends="init">
>       <echo message="Compiling *com*..."/>
>       <javac destdir="${dist.build}" debug="on" verbose="on">
>         <src path="${dist.src}/com"/>
>         <classpath refid="project.class.path" />
>         <include name="**"/>
>         <exclude name="**/build"/>
>       </javac>
>     </target>
>
> </project>
>
> ****************************************************************
>
>
>


Mime
View raw message