ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject Re: javadoc help
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:32:00 GMT
I'd always thought that was a limitation for javadoc (either the task
or the binary).  It'd be far cooler to be able to say <javadoc
sourcepath="src" sourcefiles="**/*.java" /> and have it find all java
files below.  Worse case scenario would be to pass a comma-delimited
string back with the results from the search.  I could be willing to
look into riggin' something like that up if it'd be useful.  I'd need
to investigate how the patternset/fileset stuff actually works but I
don't think it'd terribly difficult.  Any thoughts, hints, suggestions?

/bill

-----Original Message-----
From: streepy [mailto:streepy@healthlanguage.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 12:09 PM
To: ant-user
Cc: streepy
Subject: Re: javadoc help

After some investigation, it seems that the javadoc task does not deal
well with files that are not in a package.  You will have to list the
source files specifically using the sourcefiles attribute, and be aware
that the sourcefiles attribute does NOT take wildcards, it has to be a
comma separated list of source file names.