ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: javadoc help
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:38:32 GMT
Just to eliminate the basics here, does the first line of code begin
with
package stp;
or
package stp[.*];
  where [.*] indicates optional sub-package stuff?

If the latter is true, then you need to change packagenames="stp.*"

As an aside, I shudder to see that title (no knock on Pinar.)

-----Original Message-----
From: squan [mailto:squan@wwc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 12:57 PM
To: ant-user
Cc: squan
Subject: javadoc help

I'm trying to understand how to make <javadoc> work.

1. I tried packagenames="..." (pretty much copied from the manual)

<javadoc destdir="docs"
        packagenames="stp" sourcepath="/stp"
        classpathref="classpath" (<-- this one is good, used for other
tasks)
        verbose="true"
        author="true"
        version="true"

<group title="utils" packages="utils.*;utils/ldap/*;utils/net/*" />
<group title="stputils" packages="stputils.*" />
</javadoc>

I got as output
doc:
  [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
  [javadoc] Javadoc execution
  [javadoc] javadoc: No package, class, or source file found named stp.
  [javadoc] 1 error

2. I've tried
sourcefiles="**/*.java"

but it is not what is expected: a comma separated list of files. And I
have too many to list.

My example is a pretty simple one. Suggestion?

tia

Suu Quan
squan@wwc.com