ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject Re: exec task args
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:34:19 GMT
Have you tried <echo>ing the variables you are passing in to verify
that they've made it?
<echo message="${some.path}"  />
<echo message="${some.value}" />

If they're not making it, try something like
ant -debug yourTarget | [grep | find] "some.value"
to see what is going in.

/bill

-----Original Message-----
From: rjohn [mailto:rjohn@houston.geoquest.slb.com]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 7:42 PM
To: ant-user
Cc: rjohn
Subject: Re: exec task args

I am trying to integrate ant with our proprietary tools which I intend
call from the ant build.xml.
I want to specify the work areas to create for fetching source and
building
as command line arguments to ant.
The program that I am <exec>uting is complaining about the invalid
character: "{" which it should not be seeing.

I am a brand new user so I may not be doing something basic.