ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: More issues with Ant and Starteam
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:19:06 GMT
On your touch issue, it sounds like startteam task is a homegrown task
(at least I don't see it in the optional stuff)
It appears that you are trying to execute touch on a windows machine.
Touch, AFAIK, is a unix specific command (not in the free NT resource
kit at least).  Could you use the touch task?

-----Original Message-----
From: patrick.ohara [mailto:patrick.ohara@workscape.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 9:03 AM
To: ant-user
Subject: More issues with Ant and Starteam

Since I was unable to figure out the touch issue with the starteam
task, I have decided to abandon the task in favor of the command line
interface.  Ant is complaining about the exec task below.
        <exec executable="stcmd" dir="$build.basedir">
          <arg line=" co -p
"$starteam.username:$starteam.password@$starteam.servername:$starteam.po
rt/$starteam.projname/$starteam.viewname/dev/DeploymentDescriptors"
-fs"/>
        </exec>
The error I get dose not make much sense:
        C:.xml:90: Whitespace required before attributes.
I have determined that the issue is the quotes within the command line.
 I have tried replacing the " with the &quot; macro, but I got
"Reference to undefined entity".  I even tried using &quote; just in
case.  I am wondering if anyone has an example of a command line that
has embedded quotes in it?  I am using ANT 1.3 on Win2K.
Patrick D O'Hara
N17 W24222 Riverwood Dr,
Suite 330
Waukesha, WI 53188-1162