ant-user mailing list archives

From "Helliwell, Matthew" <Matthew.Helliw...@DRKW.com>
Subject RE: Observations from an ANT newbie
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:13:18 GMT
What command are you typing in?

Typing 'ant' works fine for me with this build file.

You're not typing in 'ant build' by any chance are you?

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Warman [mailto:mwarman@udms.com]
Sent: 20 June 2001 15:56
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Observations from an ANT newbie

I create a test folder and put the following file in it. I also created
build, src, init, dist,compile and clean folders under test.  I didn't see
any source files, so I added some to src and build. I received this message
from the build:

Target 'build' does not exist in this project.

This is the build.xml file I used.
<project name="MyProject" default="dist" basedir=".">

  <!-- set global properties for this build -->
  <property name="src" value="."/>
  <property name="build" value="build"/>
  <property name="dist"  value="dist"/>

  <target name="init">
    <!-- Create the time stamp -->
    <tstamp/>
    <!-- Create the build directory structure used by compile -->
    <mkdir dir="${build}"/>
  </target>

  <target name="compile" depends="init">
    <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into ${build} -->
    <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build}"/>
  </target>

  <target name="dist" depends="compile">
    <!-- Create the distribution directory -->
    <mkdir dir="${dist}/lib"/>

    <!-- Put everything in ${build} into the MyProject-${DSTAMP}.jar file
-->
    <jar jarfile="${dist}/lib/MyProject-${DSTAMP}.jar" basedir="${build}"/>
  </target>

  <target name="clean">
    <!-- Delete the ${build} and ${dist} directory trees -->
    <delete dir="${build}"/>
    <delete dir="${dist}"/>
  </target>
</project>