ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Berry <christopher.be...@etrade.com>
Subject RE: criticism: property handling (here: no overwrite)
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:25:35 GMT
Conor hit the nail on the head. There are times when the path needs to
contain items which do not yet exist. In my case, this is actually dependent
on a Task firing -- I unpack different "distributions" which exist initially
as TAR.GZ files.

Ideally I want a single <path> defined (my Classpath) -- at the top of the
file -- which is used by reference in several Tasks. (The ol' Don't Repeat
Yourself rule again ;-). But that isn't possible right now because the
<path> element is evaluated up-front (and croaks). A lazy evaluation would
fix my situation.

Thanks for listening,
Cheers,
-- Chris