ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Berry <christopher.be...@etrade.com>
Subject RE: perl scripts for tomcat.
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:21:21 GMT
I have another suggestion. In a sense, a reversal. I think it might be
cleanest to centralize the scripts to a single, 100% Java-based solution.
Say, Jython. Then, just like Ant, we stay completely OS-agnostic.

The problem w/ Perl is (AFAIK) it is C-based and requires a compiled version
for every platform. That ends up being pretty messy. But w/ a 100% Java
solution, we could make it transparent -- the same way that Tomcat makes Ant
transparent. Then we would only require simple, one line, OS-specific
scripts (BAT or SH files) which drive a common script.

Cheers,
-- Chris