ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Berry <christopher.be...@etrade.com>
Subject RE: perl scripts for tomcat.
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 20:58:34 GMT
That's not necessarily true. I don't need a (separate) install of Perl
anymore than I need an install of Ant, right? Look at how Tomcat is
distributed. It contains the distributable parts of Ant, and does not
require an install. I can do the same for Perl. The simple launch scripts
would reference /tools/perl/win32 or /tools/perl/unix depending on BAT or
SH.

What makes this advantageous is that I only have to maintain a single "real"
script. (i.e. one w/ meat in it) -- that can be used on any platform.

Cheers,
-- Chris