ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nasgowitz, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT)" <Mark.Nasgow...@med.ge.com>
Subject RE: Ant 1.3 sequence of tasks but would like concurrent?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:54:10 GMT
Thanks..

This is what I cut from the Ant2.0 feature list.
[DISC] multithrading
--------------------

* Multithreaded execution of tasks within the same target.

  [ACCEPTED]

* Multithreaded execution of targets.

  [REJECTED - vetoes by Conor MacNeill, Glenn McAllister and Stefan
Bodewig]

Since I am still learning Ant this leads me to more questions.
What exactly does this mean? So the target is not concurrent but the
tasks in the target are? Will each task then need a parameter to select
not waiting for the task to finish?

I hope to get an understanding so that I can adjust my current process
to include the correct steps for this feature.

Thanks again!