ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nasgowitz, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT)" <Mark.Nasgow...@med.ge.com>
Subject Ant 1.3 sequence of tasks but would like concurrent?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:33:08 GMT
Currently I run a sequence of different clearcase builds on different
Unix boxes using an ant script on a NT box to kick them off. Once all
tasks are done ant emails messages and ftps all results to a common
site. The problem is that the whole process takes a long time(++hours)
to finish all tasks. Since I run each build on different Unix boxes I
would like to kick them all off at the same time then build the result
data as each build finishes.

Is there a task that can be used (<antcall>, <ant> or <??>) but not wait
for the task to finish?

I would like to a void using ant to call a perl script that forks a call
to the ant build script.

suggestions??

Thanks,
Mark