ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nasgowitz, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT)" <Mark.Nasgow...@med.ge.com>
Subject RE: Ant documentation
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:20:04 GMT
I am a new user that only knows Java to the 'hello world' level. The
documentation is thin but does cover the basics. My biggest problems are
the heavy Java influence in Ant and developing an improved non-Java src
build process. These problems are not Ant related but my own learning
curve. What works best is to read-try-read-try-learn and if that fails
ask someone.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry V. Streepy, Jr. [mailto:streepy@healthlanguage.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 9:50 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ant documentation (was: Re: javax.sql.DataSource(Thanks!!))

Have to agree with Diane here.  Although the Ant documentation is terse,
it provides the needed reference information.

How a JVM plays with your classpath or how javadoc works is not
something the Ant documentation should be expected to teach you.

And Ant is open source, so if you're unclear on something - Use the
source Luke!