ant-user mailing list archives

From Kazandjian Erik <>
Subject RE: DTD and always compiling
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:57:43 GMT
Thanks again Stefan,

unfortunately more answers generate more questions (a phylosofical quote of
my senior collegue sitting next to me, breathing in my neck).
Is there a way to work with Unix standards (like ~ to replace the home
directory)in ant files ?
I also tried to install P4 support, but if I run the task <p4sync> after
having added the website's taskdef we still get an error saying

[p4sync] Unknown command.  Try 'p4 help' for info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig []
Sent: dinsdag 26 juni 2001 14:26
Subject: Re: DTD and always compiling

Kazandjian Erik <> wrote:

> But could you give me a smart suggestion on the recompile issue ?

Apart from the FAQ entry (it is there 8-) ?

Ant expects a specific layout of source files to work properly:

(1) Your directory hierarchy mirrors your package hierarchy.

(2) You point Ant to the top of that hierarchy.

So, if you have <javac srcdir="src" destdir="dest"/> and Ant finds a
file src/a/b/, it expects it to be in the package a.b - thus it
looks for dest/a/b/C.class to see whether it has to recompile it.

The "Ant always recompiles" question usually means, your source tree
is not organized the same way Ant expects it to be.

View raw message