ant-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Kazmierczak <mkazmierc...@etrade.com>
Subject Linux - Environment Variable (AF_HOME)
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 22:20:53 GMT

I am having an issue with one specific environment variable
when running on Linux. The same exact thing is tested on
Windows without a problem.

I have the environment variable AF_HOME set and
for testing purposes I also set the variable AFHOME
to the same value.

The AF_HOME value does not show up, it never translates
from ${env.AF_HOME} and will create a directory called
just that when used later in the build process.

Here's my test target from my build.xml file:

<property environment="env"/>
<target name="test">
    <echo>
        env.AF_HOME = ${env.AF_HOME}
        -------------------------------------
        env.AFHOME = ${env.AFHOME}
        -------------------------------------
        env.TOMCAT_HOME = ${env.TOMCAT_HOME}
    </echo>
</target>

Running ant returns:
(I have a script that checks for the env. vars and
echos what it finds... then spans ant)

 ./ant.sh test
Using TOMCAT_HOME = /usr/local/tomcat
Using AF_HOME = /usr/local/tomcat