ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Warman <mwar...@udms.com>
Subject Observations from an ANT newbie
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:38:12 GMT
My background is in Java, so it seems a little confusing see how ant works.
It would be nice to show off the basic commands in create your own hello
world build file. Each step could identify what a command is, and what's
best used for. That way we have working model of what is needed to create
and use the product. I got involved with ant recently because of a framework
example I ran across. It took me 3 days to figure out what exactly ant was
doing, and how it was doing it. I think it's a great tool, now that I know
what it does.