ant-user mailing list archives

From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject RE: More issues with Ant and Starteam
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:05:47 GMT
Put each argument which requires quoting in a seperate <arg> tag...

<exec executable="blah">
    <arg value="-option1 arg1"/>
    <arg value="-option2 arg2"/>
</exec>

results in:

blah "-option1 arg1" "-option2 arg2"

-----Original Message-----
From: O'Hara, Patrick [mailto:patrick.ohara@workscape.com]
Sent: 05 June 2001 3:03 pm
To: Ant User Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: More issues with Ant and Starteam

Since I was unable to figure out the touch issue with the starteam task, I
have decided to abandon the task in favor of the command line interface.
Ant is complaining about the exec task below.

        <exec executable="stcmd" dir="${build.basedir}">
          <arg line=" co -p
\"${starteam.username}:${starteam.password}@${starteam.servername}:${startea
m.port}/${starteam.projname}/${starteam.viewname}/dev/DeploymentDescriptors\
" -fs"/>

        </exec>

The error I get dose not make much sense:

        C:\weblogic\CoventryDevelopment\build.xml:90: Whitespace required
before attributes.

I have determined that the issue is the quotes within the command line.  I
have tried replacing the \" with the &quot; macro, but I got "Reference to
undefined entity".  I even tried using &quote; just in case.  I am wondering
if anyone has an example of a command line that has embedded quotes in it?
I am using ANT 1.3 on Win2K.

Patrick D O'Hara
N17 W24222 Riverwood Dr,
Suite 330