ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Replace task - getting *tokens* from a properties file?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:36:36 GMT

> Is this due to the fact that ${project}'s value containg the
> name of the property you need to check? some srt of templating?

Yup. Basically I use antcall a fair amount to do things like call javac
with a common set of parameters. I pass into that task a property
project, which might have a value of something like "foo". I then wish
to check that "foo.local" (which is a property containing the location
of the foo project) exists.

> Why? The whole point of ANT is to be expandable.
>
> I would suggest writing a small task which just extends
> <replace>. And it just calls createReplacefilter() with
> values from the property file, before calling super.execute().
>
> You can always contribute it, if not to CORE, to the list of
> tasks available from 3rd parties.

Sounds reasonable, yes. Thanks for the advice.

Jon