ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Replace task - getting *tokens* from a properties file?
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:54:48 GMT
> Maybe I'm missing something, but why don't you just use the
> filtersfile attribute of the filter task?  This allows you to keep
> your replacement filters in the normal property file.
>
> Seems to be what you're asking for.

Aha! Excellent! That's the one. Thanks very much :)

Unfortunately I'd like to filter in-place, which doesn't seem to be
easily possible (I'd have to copy from one place to another then back
again, I believe). It also means I'll have to change my token prefixes
and suffixes, but that's less important. I'll have to work out whether
it would be easier to do the copy back-and-forth or extend Replace.

Does anyone have any idea why Replace and Filter are incompatible in
terms of arguments etc? If the Replace task had the same facilities as
Filter, life would be much easier - and I'm sure there are other people
who have requirements the other way round!

Jon