ant-user mailing list archives

From "Baldry, Scot M" <Scot.Bal...@gs.com>
Subject Conditional build?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:50:36 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to find an elegant solution to the following problem:

I am using ANT to build an entire code tree which contains many packages and
sub-projects. I have setup my various build.sml files to work in a cascading
manner..

i.e. imagine the following structure

com.abc.mypackage1
com.abc.mypackage2

the build build.xml under "com" merely calls the build.xml under "abc". The
build.xml under "abc" calls the build.xml under "mypackage1" and
"mypackage2" etc.

The problem I have is... imagine someone is working on "mypackage1" so has
the whole tree checked out apart from "mypackage2". If they attempt use "ant
compile" under "com" the build will fail since the build expects to find all
build files (since I have hardcoded the order in which I want modules built
using the ant antfile task). What I would really like ant to do is only
attempt to call a build file if it exists.

So in the example above I should be able to issue "ant compile" at com and
it will build everything silently missing the mypackage2 build.xml since it
doesn't exist. Any ideas?

Scot