ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Jackl-Mochel" <jmoc...@foliage.com>
Subject RE: Competition to Ant
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:02:23 GMT
Hmm. Sorry if I stepped on toes. Let me see if I can qualify it a bit.

I have not used jmake. I took someone elses word on its large project
suitability.

I have used JMK and enjoyed it. It is clean and fast.
I preferred the makefle syntax to that of ANT.
But many parts of my previous project (a large hierarchically
organized J2EE project) required a great deal of handwritten
work to make everything come together. Especially in staging deployable
J2EE components (WARs, EARs, and EJB Jars). Most of the functionality
I needed was available out of the box from ANT.

I am still looking for the ultimate build tool for large projects
but right now ANT is closer to it out of the box for me than JMK

Jim JM