ant-user mailing list archives

From "L.C. Oliver" <lc.oli...@intcx.com>
Subject RE: resursive ant build: recommendation?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 20:00:49 GMT
Is this functionality still included in the ANT 1.3?  It doesn't seem to
work any longer.
L.C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry V. Streepy, Jr. [mailto:streepy@healthlanguage.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 12:58 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: resursive ant build: recommendation?

>From my experience, on a moderately complex EJB project (close to 700
source files), I have found that a single build.xml file has worked
wonderfully.

As you mention, javac (or in our case jikes) can easily handle the
compilation of our entire source tree in a single execution in just a
couple of minutes.  That alone made it worth ditching the "make depend"
followed by "make build" process.

I know this pattern probably won't work if you have true nested
"projects", but for us it worked very well.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.