ant-user mailing list archives

From "McNamara, Sean (Contractor)" <SMcNam...@universalaccess.net>
Subject RE: Ant 1.3 sequence of tasks but would like concurrent?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:11:26 GMT
Looking at the additions for the v2.0 release, it looks like this behavior
will be specifically supported, however it's not in the v1.3 release.  If
you look at the project notes, I believe the feature is titled:

      "Multi-threading withing a single task"

-----Original Message-----
From: Nasgowitz, Mark (MED, GEMS-IT) [mailto:Mark.Nasgowitz@med.ge.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 9:33 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Ant 1.3 sequence of tasks but would like concurrent?

Currently I run a sequence of different clearcase builds on different
Unix boxes using an ant script on a NT box to kick them off. Once all
tasks are done ant emails messages and ftps all results to a common
site. The problem is that the whole process takes a long time(++hours)
to finish all tasks. Since I run each build on different Unix boxes I
would like to kick them all off at the same time then build the result
data as each build finishes.

Is there a task that can be used (<antcall>, <ant> or <??>) but not wait
for the task to finish?

I would like to a void using ant to call a perl script that forks a call
to the ant build script.

suggestions??

Thanks,
Mark