ant-user mailing list archives

From Viraj Purang <viraj_pur...@spincircuit.com>
Subject RE: appending of strings
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:21:38 GMT
HI,
  I am executing the tstamp before executing the cvs tag , but the mistake I
made was to set the property before doing teh tstamp thing which is not
normal I feel.
   However, If I do put the property after the tstamp stuff,  it gives me an
error which is something like ...
"[cvs] cvs [tag aborted]: no such host c". I figured out that this is
happening even outside ANT , because I have to traverse one directory lower
into client module which I want to Tag.If I do the traversal it just works
out fine.

Now I am trying to figure a way to do just that in Ant.
Is there any other way other than using exec and then a change directory ?

Regards,
Viraj Purang

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry V. Streepy, Jr. [mailto:streepy@healthlanguage.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 3:49 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: appending of strings

This generally happens when the property doesn't have a value.  My guess
is that you are not running the <tstamp/> task prior to your cvs task.

Try to ensure that tstamp gets executed as part of a "prepare" target
that is listed in the "depends" clause of all my other tasks.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.