ant-user mailing list archives

From Viraj Purang <viraj_pur...@spincircuit.com>
Subject RE: Question: How to make ant running with cvs
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:46:40 GMT
Hi,
   I still have no other information.
DO i have to set this path variable from inside the Ant build.xml file ?
or setting it from outside is just fine (Should be fine I supppose, unless
we use some kind of a batch file.)

The debug output shows something like this
ecute:Java13CommandLauncher: cvs -d :pserver:virajp@139.99.8.39:/dept/cvs
checkout client
ILD FAILED
\CVS1\builder\build.xml:48: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cvs -d
:pserver:virajp@139.99.8.39:/dept/cvs checkout client err
=2
- Nested Exception ---
va.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cvs -d
:pserver:virajp@139.99.8.39:/dept/cvs checkout client error=2

REgards,
Viraj Purang

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry V. Streepy, Jr. [mailto:streepy@healthlanguage.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 10:29 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question: How to make ant running with cvs

Have you run ant with -debug to see the exact command that is being
executed?  That might provide some insight.

Somethings nagging at me about the initial exception:

> C:\CVS1\builder\build.xml:40: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cvs -d
> :pserver:virajp@139.99.8.39:/dept/cvs checkout client e

I seem to recall that the CreateProcess exception should show the name
of the executable being created, not the whole command line.  But that
might just be brain cells that need replacing.

Viraj Purang wrote:

> HI,
>     I have the same problem too ...
> and I am using a WinCvs client which has a CVS.exe in its ...
>
> My Path variable shows ... ()
> PATH="C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.1"...
>
> C:\CVS1\builder\build.xml:40: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cvs -d
> :pserver:virajp@139.99.8.39:/dept/cvs checkout client e
> or=2
> --- Nested Exception ---
> java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cvs -d
> :pserver:virajp@139.99.6.30:/dept/cvs checkout client error=2
>         at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Win32Process.java:66)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:551)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute$Java13CommandLauncher.exec(Execute.jav

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.