ant-user mailing list archives

From Viraj Purang <>
Subject RE: Java Dependencies ...
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:32:44 GMT
    I looked thru the examples ...what I probably need here is an example
which contains an example of javac depend attribute.I know it is just teh
opposite of the depend task as such.
    BUt I need to know how cross dependencies between modules or different
hierarchies are settled.I feel it is done using
javac compiler itself.

Basically in standard practice, if I have a file called
com/spincircuit/entity/ which instantiates an object from
com/spincircuit/common/ only have a java file for it and no
class file compiled for it .),
do we let javac take care of automatically searching this file in the
courcepaty and compiling it
do I have to specifically go and specify a depend attribute on the javac
task to do this ?

In almost all the examples that I have seen anywhere on the net I do not see
the depend attribute of javac being
used ie none of the dependencies are explicitly specified using any
target.Almost all files are compiled
in one or two java statements.

CAn you direct me to a file base which contains some cross dependencies ?

Viraj Purang