ant-user mailing list archives

From "Trogdon, David" <DTrog...@orgtek.com>
Subject RE: Can't load default task list
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:19:13 GMT
Thanks for the info Stefan

I am now in the process of trying to work through this. Trying to get the
VAJ Ant plugin to work has been a chore.

I downloaded the Ant application from http://jakarta.apache.org/ant

When installing VAJ I accepted the default installation which is :

C:\Program Files\IBM\Visual Age for Java\

The instructions for the plugin installation state:

"We assume C:\IBMVJava as VAJ install directry. If you have installed it
elsewhere, adapt the paths below."

The instructions continue with :

"Create the directory C:\IBMJava\ide\tools\org-apache-tools-ant."

Which I interpeted as  "C:\Program Files\IBM\Visual Age for
Java\ide\tools\org-apache-tools-ant" for my system.

The instructins go on to state :

"export the Ant and XMP parser class files into this directory."

This results in the ant.jar being located in :

C:\Program Files\IBM\VisualAge for
Java\ide\tools\org-apache-tools-ant\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs

It appears this is a problem. In addition I initally installed Ant to run
from a Command Window in F:\CM\ANT to run some test scripts. These scripts
ran sucessfully with the enviornment settings :

ANT_HOME = F:\CM\ANT
JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.2.2
and %ANT_HOME%/bin added to the PATH

Thse are still the current Windows 2000 enviornment settings.

Whew!!!

I am not 100% sure on the best approach to restructure this so it will work.
Your advise is much appreciated.

Thanks

David T.