ant-user mailing list archives

From "Coleman, Chris" <chris.cole...@csfb.com>
Subject RE: "Modified" timestamp when using <copy> task
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:54:50 GMT
In actual fact, Windows NT / 2000 maintains several distinct "timestamps"
for each file. The "Modified" timestamp is preserved for a copy (this is the
one you're used to seeing in Explorer). However, the "Created" timestamp is
set to the time that the copy operation was made: thus in W2000,(perhaps
perversely - it depends on your world view, I guess) the Created date can be
more recent than the Modified date.

[To view the Created timestamp (at least in W2000), in explorer choose menu
View -> Choose Columns... and select the columns you want to see].

-Chris Coleman-

-----Original Message-----
From: David Corbin [mailto:dcorbin@imperitek.com]
Sent: 13 June 2001 11:45
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: "Modified" timestamp when using <copy> task

Just to chime in here, for those that don't know: when you copy files in
Windows (using COPY or Explorer) the timestamp is preserved.  This is
probably what has this gentlemen confused.  Personally, I think Windows
behavior is stupid, but it is that way.

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to
deal at any price quoted.
Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.