ant-user mailing list archives

From Greg 'Cosmo' Haun <GH...@cenquest.com>
Subject DOCTYPE strippper WAS: RE: Filters
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:24:06 GMT
There is a common need, I believe, to strip out DOCTYPES from XML docs.  We
managed with a series of <replace>s  to strip out every permutation of
DOCTYPES we use.  Not terribly efficient.  Do I smell a task brewing? an
option to <copy>?

PS actually we don't strip them, we comment them out.  That way we can
determine type and version by brute force if needed, yet parsers don't choke
for lack of DTD.

Gregory Cosmo Haun
Architect, Interactive Development, Cenquest, Inc.
tele: 503.276.7943    email: ghaun[youknowwhat]cenquest.com