ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Need help on making a dynamic build.xml
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:24:47 GMT
Perhaps calling this a "dynamic build.xml" is slightly incorrect.  But let
me tell you my situation before we worry over the semantics of the title of
the problem.

Basically, what I want to do is base what I deliver, and where I deliver it
to, on the directory structure of my source code.

For example, if my package/directory structure looks like this:
  com.company.product_a.deliv_one
  com.company.product_a.deliv_two
  com.company.product_a.deliv_three
  com.company.product_b.deliv_four
  com.company.product_b.deliv_five
  com.company.product_b.deliv_six

after compiling all the source code, I want to jar everything at the 4th
level (the deliv_ level) into a jar with the name of that level, into a
directory based on the third level (the product_ level).

Therefore, I want the resulting output of the above directory structure to
look like this:
    output/product_a/deliv_one.jar
                 .../deliv_two.jar
                 .../deliv_three.jar
    output/product_b/deliv_four.jar
                 .../deliv_five.jar
                 .../deliv_six.jar

If I could make a generic build.xml file based on this philosophy, then
designers can create new products and deliverables without having to modify
the build.xml file.

So, does anybody have a suggestion on a way to do this?

--
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks