ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Tilly <JTi...@hoteltools.com>
Subject RE: Competition to Ant
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:24:58 GMT
No toes here.  Just joking about some of us who have rather strong views
about Ant's place in the configuration management world.

Large could mean 10k source files and 100EJBs, etc so yeah, Ant works there.

(For Peter's sake)

Complex (which is what I intended to talk about anyway) means 10+
"products", of which, 2+ make up a final product depending on configuration
parameters.  Deployment, including secure and remote deployment scenarios
can be tricky.  There's other situations that I can bring up.

Anyway, it was a humorous aside since, in ant-dev, we (well "them" since I
dropped out a while ago) constantly relive what does and does not constitute
build and configuration management requirements.  It's hard.  There's
nothing easy about this job and man am I glad I can walk away (and have).

MrT